COMING SOON – DECEMBER 2021!
THE AMERICAN ENTROPY TRILOGY
A Long Day’s Journey in to Light
A Cautionary Parable in III ACTS
(Available on Amazon.com in Kindle eBook and Trade Paperback in December 2021)
“You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.”
– U.S. Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan.
- Existential global threat to humanity of widespread deliberate distortion of facts and disinformation promulgated on the essentially unregulated, uncurated internet through opaque social media algorithms and artificial intelligence;
- Unregulated/unfettered corporate surveillance capitalism, aided, abetted and enabled by the U.S. Government;
- Existential global threat of neo-liberalism/fascism to democratic forms of government;
- Radical right nativistic nationalism and alarming rise of populism and domestic violent extremism in America; and
- Anthropogenic Climate Change causing catastrophic Global Warming.
In AMERICAN ENTROPY, the term Entropy is used in the context of a measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system, in particular the gradual, not necessarily inevitable, steady deterioration of a system or society to collapse.
The TRILOGY, through fictional depiction, attempts to remind and reinforce the lessons of history, replete with inspirational, courageous acts of heroism, oftentimes against great adversity including extraordinary personal sacrifice and physical harm, to advance the cause of freedom, justice and equality.
While as a novel it strives to entertain, it’s primary raison d’ etre, frankly is to inform. It is inspired by the eternal literary verity:
Fiction is the lie through which we tell the truth.
– Albert Camus
So in someways, this is my Russian Novel—a dark, Slavic melancholy morality play, panoramic in scope with lots of characters over an ambitious time line. My contemporary take on Leo Tolstoy’s epic novel “War and Peace”…as may have been told by Mel Brooks.
Grandiose? Perhaps. Middlebrow? Probably. Pedantic? Sure. It’s a gift.
This is not a drill...